Thursday, January 31, 2019

Catch up!

Hello!
I can't believe it is Thursday already! The time is flying by! I have not had a chance to write all week. Monday started in the usual way...rushing here and there getting the children ready for school. I managed to fit in a 7 minute workout first thing in the morning. Monday is a yoga day at school so we had a stressful few minutes locating the yoga mats before school and sorting out a fight between Child2 and 3 over a blue mat. Child#3 did not want the purple mat as it was a 'gay' colour. This is coming from the child who threw a huge tantrum in JD Sports last summer for a baby pink hoodie. (I did not buy the hoodie because it was too expensive...not because it was pink.)
I dropped the kids at school and continued on to my physio appointment. It felt odd not having the baby with me and I kept glancing in the rear view mirror expecting him to be there! Physio went well and I was discharged on the recommendation to do a few sessions of one on one pilates with a chartered physiotherapist to build up my core. I managed to make healthy choices regarding food and after physio I thoroughly enjoyed myself browsing through Pennies and Dealz. It is a bad state of affairs that I get excited over going to Dealz and Pennies but such is the state of my finances at present!
I make it home in time for the school run and it is back to the usual routine. It is seriously cold in the evening so I decide to use the treadmill. However, after constant demands from the kids while I was trying to walk, I hurriedly pulled on an extra pair of trousers and my husband's high vis work jacket, and I ran up the road for peace!
Tuesday was a rush also as I had a nail appointment booked straight after the school run so I had to have the baby up and ready to leave with me. My mother in law came too to collect her pension and do her shopping. By the time we are finished in town, it is nearly time to do the school run again. I try to put away my groceries amidst the baby's cries for attention. I squeeze in a quick walk on the beach even though it is baltic and I get get caught in a shower of hailstones. I return home with a scalding face and hurry over to pick up the kids. I feed all the children and battle with them over homework and I get dinner on before bringing Child#1 to his Music Lesson. The roads are icy and I give out to Child#1 for forgetting his tester. He is so lax-a-daisy about his diabetes care lately.
He has rugby training straight after music and I warn him to cover so he won't go into a hypo. I hurry home and swap with my husband who rushes out to the rugby pitch to give Child#1 his tester. Thunder and lightening starts and Child#4 and 5 are afraid. Even though it doesn't last long, they use it as an excuse to sleep in our bed. And so, I have another sleepless night. I shove my husband during the night to stop him snoring but it turns out it is my daughter who is snoring like a wild boar. I make a mental note to check her tonsils in the morning.
All night, the kids toss and turn. My husband cries out a few times during the night as Child#4's toenails slice in to his skin. He says it was akin to a tinopener digging into his legs. I get a few wallops into the face as my daughter flings out her arms during the night.

Though we have very little sleep, we both get up early and follow the regular routine on Wednesday. I rush down the stairs to take the children to school when I discover Child#2 has returned to bed even though my husband had got him up! Child#3 gives out and complains that he will be late. I drop them all off and return home for my breakfast. I do two sessions of Lucy Windham Reid's 7 minute workouts and write in my planner. It is a beautiful, icy day so my mother in law and I take it in turns to go for a walk.
I walk the beaches and admire the snowy mountains. The two dogs roll on a dead bird and they absolutely stink. I gag as I transport them home in my nice, clean car. By the time I go to pick up the kids, I am stress free and feeling super active and healthy.
It all goes downhill from there between hearing about a problem at work even though I'm on Maternity Leave, pleading with Child#4 to do his homework , putting Child#2 off when he wants to take over my kitchen to bake and trying to make dinner while the baby cries again. My daughter wants me to find her Tom Cat who is off chasing female cats. I give in and walk down the road to find the cat. We soon locate him in some bushes and he mews at us in a warning tone. My daughter begs me to carry him home and so I comply like a fool. The dogs run around my feet, scaring the cat. The cat claws my neck and shoulders in a bid to escape. I let him go and he runs up a tree. I tell my daughter that he can stay there the rotten thing. She wails 'Nooooo' and I promise that I will go down again in the car the next day.

We return home and finish off dinner. I look forward to my healthy dinner but then I realise that there is no sign of my husband to do the rugby run. I ring him and he informs me that he is held up! And so, I have to abandon the dinner and pile the kids into the car and rush out to rugby even though it is freezing. I am so stressed and angry I can barely see straight. The baby cries hysterically all the way out to the gym...his new antics, he hates the car seat now.
I drop the kids off and take the baby out of his car seat, soothe him, feed him and strap him back in again and head for home. I take my 'healthy' veggie burgers and wraps out of the oven and they are all dried out. Feeling very sorry for myself, I tidy up and try settle the baby who keeps crying. I decide to give him a bath that he loves. While bathing the baby, Paige the cat wanders in mewing, urging me to feed her. I ignore her and she then runs up my back and sits on my head clawing me. I try to shake her off whilst holding the baby safely in his bath. I am getting sick of these entitled cats.
The children return home from rugby and I am delighted to hear that my husband's darts have been called off. Child #2 insists on baking and bangs around the kitchen while we put the younger kids to bed. I spend a long time trying to get the baby to sleep while I watch Operation Transformation.  My husband is in a grumpy mood because his tooth is sore AGAIN. He won't take time off work to go to the dentist.
I finally fall asleep.

We wake this morning to torrential rain and hail. My husband is rained off so he gets all the children ready while I feed the baby. I do the school run and pop in for a quick meeting to see what the issue was yesterday. I return home and cook a nice breakfast and do my 7 minutes belly blast exercise and 7 minutes posture improvement. I was hoping my husband would go to the dentist today but no...he has gone out in the rain collecting scaffolding. I will have to do the music lessons now myself when I was hoping he would be around to do it.
I plan to tidy up a bit and then hopefully write a few chapters before picking up the kids again.
Time goes by too quickly!
I'll try check in later!

Slán
PS I have ordered a Samsung Gear Fit pro from Littlewoods! It tracks activity so I hope it will motivate me to get my steps in when I can see what I have done!

Later...
My husband returned home and did the Music Lessons for me so I had a couple of hours to myself to write...or so I thought. The baby has turned cranky all of a sudden. I don't know what to do with him. I have tried everything! He must be teething. He was crying so much that I decided to change him quickly on the bed but he pooed all over my lovely white lace bed spread. I jumped off the bed to get baby wipes and landed on my lap top. Thankfully, it is still working. I turned back to clean the baby and he peed up into air and soaked through the duvet. I spent over an hour earlier trying to help Child#4 catch up on his homework but his mind was firmly on his tablet and when he could get it again. I argued with Child#2 for being cheeky and using bad language and now I have a throbbing headache. Tomorrow, Child#1 and 2 have an orthodontist appointment at 8am so they have to be up at 6am.
Child#2 and 3 have a credit union quiz on Saturday and Child#1 has a rugby match away on Sunday. It is all go, go, go and I just want to dive under my bed covers and hide (if they weren't covered in baby poo and wee!)
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back after nearly a year! Ouick update! Big changes!

Hello everyone, I have neglected my blog shamefully since my return to work last April! Once I returned to work, time passed in a complete ...