Thursday, January 10, 2019

Sick Kids



Wednesday 9 January 2019
I just realised that I typed yesterday’s date as Wednesday too. I don’t even know what day of the week we are on! I didn’t  do my morning workout at 6am this morning either. Anna Saccone smiled smugly from her Instagram stories of course having completed her workout by 6am. I vowed to make up for it later today but so far things are not going to plan.
Child No1 refused point blank to get up for school. He stated that he has the flu. He looks fine to me but I erred on the side of caution just in case he has swine flu or something and I’d be feeling guilty for life had I sent him to school.
I got the others off to school after giving out to Child No 4 for breaking my ‘Good morning gorgeous cup’. It was an accident in fairness but I was all caught up in the mad dash for school drama with Child NO 3  screeching that he was going to be late.  I return home and feed the baby. I was sitting down to my melted cheese toasted bagel when I get a call from the school saying Child No 4 is sick. I  pick up the baby to go get Child#4 when the baby vomits all over me and in my hair. After a quick clean up operation, I am on my way.
I see Child #4 from the classroom door looking white as a sheet. He has a pain in his belly.
I take him home and settle him on the couch and allow him ipad time. He is looking much brighter already.
I have to fold clothes yet and get a workout in. And do the food shopping. I think I am starting my daughter in Irish Dancing class today if she stays without me. The boys have rugby training at 6 30pm. It is also the dreaded Wednesday Dart’s Night. My husband plays darts in the local pub every Wednesday as part of a ‘team’. A three man team that happens to involve a few pints.
I better go do some housework and ‘me’ work.
I’ll check in later to avoid some household task I’m sure!


It is now 4pm. I've been back and over the road all day like a blue arsed fly. I had to go to town to buy calpol and nurofen. My GP closed half day today of all days. I rang the Doctor on Call informing her that my son could have appendicitis. She tells me to calm down and tells me that children get pains in their tummies all the time and to give calpol.
Child #2 complained of tummy pains radiating down his groin a few years ago and I put it dow to a strain or a bug when he vomited. Of course, it turned out he has appendicitis so I am on guard for it ever since. Poor Child#4 is crying on and off on the couch. My mother in law is trying to make me give him warm tea to heat up his stomach that he does not want. Child #1 who was meant to be dying of flu is prancing around the house chanting rap songs. Child#2 is hiding in his room from 'the bug' or any perceived illness that may lurk in the main living areas. He has a phobia of getting sick. When the vomiting bug hit our house a few months ago, he spent 7 hours outside like a cat hopping from window to window asking if people were cured yet.
I still haven't done any exercise or folded clothes. I plan to do the rugby run and leave my husband with the baby. He doesn't know yet. He won't be happy. It's his 'browsing done deal on the phone time' while the boys train. I plan to use the time more effectively and go for a walk.
I better go and make dinner. I have a funny feeling this may turn into another Emergency Room evening with Child#4.
In the words of my lovely aunt Cheerio for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back after nearly a year! Ouick update! Big changes!

Hello everyone, I have neglected my blog shamefully since my return to work last April! Once I returned to work, time passed in a complete ...